TIGHTS AND “FLESHY” LEOTARDS
- Tights will be issued to dancers one week before Picture Day.
- Your child must wear these same tights for Picture Day, Dress Rehearsal and the Recital.
- If your child's tights rip, please let us know. We will get another pair.
- A “fleshy” – a nude/flesh colored leotard, worn under costumes - is a standard in the industry and allows dancers to make costume changes in the stage wings and in the dressing rooms without fully undressing.
- No dancers should be wearing underwear that could be seen in tights and leotard.
- Every female dancer must wear a fleshy to Photo Day, Dress Rehearsal and the Recital Performance.
- The good news is that they are so stretchy that they can be worn through growth spurts.
Boys backstage must wear tight fitting shorts i.e. bike shorts and a form fitting, white, T-shirt.
Boys are not permitted to walk around in boxers or underwear nor will they be able to change into costumes behind closed doors.
DON’T FORGET YOUR CHILD’S DANCE SHOES!!!
IF YOUR CHILD DOES MORE THAN ONE GENRE OF DANCE, YOUR CHILD WILL NEED ALL THEIR USUAL DANCE SHOES.
Please label EVERYTHING.