A Technical Rehearsal means that we:
1. Show the dancers the facility, the stage, backstage and discuss the show process and safety in the theater, and then,
2. We run through the entire show in order and set the lighting, test the sound etc. This is also the rehearsal where we practice getting the dancers on and off stage safely and timely.
We also take a special photo of the entire group of dancers in their commemorative t-shirts on stage! It is a magical time for our dancers and teachers as the excitement builds for the big show!
It is very important that your dancer arrive on time to technical rehearsal. There is a lot of work to get done with the dancers during this rehearsal. It is also a day in which they have been at school all day. We want to get our dancers out of rehearsal as soon as possible. We also have to pay the technical staff by the hour. This mandates that we are on a tight schedule. We rely on everyone being on time. Please account for the time it will take to have your child use the restroom and then sign-in. Thank you for understanding.
FIVE IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1. Please feed your dancer prior to arrival. NO food and drinks are allowed in the theater with the exception of water bottles.
2. Please have your children go potty BEFORE their call time, i.e., just before you sign them over to us!
3. Please have your child bring a LABELED water bottle.
4. DANCERS NEED THEIR DANCE SHOES.
5. Dancers need to wear their recital t-shirt and should expect to dance i.e. full dress code is not required but they need to be able to perform their dance. We suggest leggings and recital t-shirt for girls and leggings or sweat pants and recital t-shirt for boys.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are some of the questions families most frequently ask us:
Question #1 DO I STAY AT TECHNICAL REHEARSAL WITH MY CHILD?
No. Only dancers are allowed in the theater. Upon arrival at the theater, you will sign your child in. They will be escorted into the theatre. You can leave and return at the pickup time.
We will have some special activities for them to partake in while the rehearsal is going on. It is also fine to send them with books. Please do not send your children with electronics. There are no phones allowed out of dance bags at tech rehearsal.
Question #2- WHAT SHOULD MY DANCER WEAR TO TECHNICAL REHEARSAL?
Dancers come in regular DANCE clothing with their RECITAL T-SHIRT on top OR they can wear leggings and clothing that they can easily move in. All dancers need to wear their recital t-shirts.
DON’T FORGET YOUR CHILD’S DANCE SHOES!!! IF THEY DO MORE THAN ONE GENRE OF DANCE, THEY NEED ALL THEIR USUAL DANCE SHOES. Please label your dancers’ shoes.
Question #3 -WHAT TIME WILL MY DANCER BE DONE WITH TECHNICAL REHEARSAL?
We are going to try to dismiss some dancers on a rolling basis. We will give you a schedule the day before tech rehearsal. The latest time you would return to the theatre to sign-out your child is 9:00 p.m. We will get done with the littlest dancers first.
Question #4 - IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW?
Technical rehearsal needs to move at a fast clip. Please remind your children to pay attention during the process. No phones are allowed out during tech rehearsal.
Our dancers have fun making cards for their teachers while waiting their turn during Tech Rehearsal 2018!